Cyber Essentials (CE) is a Government-backed certification scheme that sets out a baseline of cyber security to help all businesses and organisations protect themselves from common attacks.
Keytech are proud to have been awarded the Cyber Essentials certification by the IT Governance Ltd.
Why should your organisation consider Cyber Essentials an important security measure?
- Mitigate common cyber threats – the effects of virus infection can costs £1000’s in lost productivity alone
- Improve customer trust and confidence
- Protect your assets and IP such as valuable data and customer lists
- Tender for contracts that require a Cyber Essentials certified supplier (Local authorities and MOD)
- Provide market differentiation and competitive advantage
- It can reduce insurance premiums
The scheme’s five security controls can prevent “around 80% of cyber attacks”. It is assessed on five points:
- Secure configuration
- Boundary firewalls and internet gateways
- Access controls and administrative privilege management
- Patch management
- Malware protection
The scheme is backed by a host of household names including BAE Systems, Lockheed Martin, Barclays and Hewlett-Packard. In addition to this, the Information Commissioner supports the scheme and has encouraged all businesses to be assessed against it.
Keytech has fully embraced the Cyber Essentials methodology, allowing us to better engage with and develop a stronger understanding of the cyber risks our clients face.
If you would like to talk to one of our experts to find out how we can help you secure your business, please get in touch or call us on 01942 311150.